Choies

Choies-The latest street fashion

10.10.2013

#6 ~ Oscar de la Renta S/S 14

Sweet Spot

How could  I resist? 

Of course, I had to pick Oscar de la Renta's Spring/Summer collection to break down and analyze. I do intern for him and I do know the collection on a more personal level than most. 
But before I begin rambling, let us first look at just a few looks that made their debut on the runway this past September. 











White on white. From the runway to the walls and seats, the room resembled a blank canvas, just waiting to be splashed with color and life. The first looks that came down the runway were more 'everyday' and 'business' like. But, just like always, the garments started to become brighter, shorter, and the little girl in all of us just couldn't hold in her screams any longer. Here is the Oscar we know and love. Here is beauty. Here is life and that breathe of fresh air! Thank you Oscar!

The show looked extremely put together, but I did notice those few empty seats that became an eye-sore after a minutes in, but I digress.
Oscar really highlighted on that young girl image and he played with the soul. No matter what your age is, if you wear these pieces, you will feel like a young, innocent woman!
If you are a follower of Oscar and his previous shows, you will know that he has shown at this same venue before and I will say, I think it is a perfect place for his pieces. With all the colors he introduces, there is no clashing and his garments really do shine! The room is very tight in size, so it offers a very intimate setting. The audience members are so close to the clothes, they really do get a greater look at the one-of-a-kind garments. 

Now, let us get into more of the designs, colors, and textures of the pieces. Since I had a front row seat, not at the fashion show (I wish), but at the office, I know the clothes pretty well. And let me tell you, these are some heavy duty clothes. One piece was actually over twenty pounds! (WHAT) The ladies in the office had a hard time getting that one around, and it wasn't even a gown.. No No... it was a shirt and skirt suit look. The whole piece consists of small, metal rings! Absolutely stunning! 
The colors were bold and vibrant. Even the whites looked like a whole different color than I have never seen before. He really played with the rainbow and he did not hold back. It was nice watching a show where you knew it was for the spring and summer seasons... *cough**cough* Marc Jacobs *cough**cough*... As for textures, Oscar sure used a lot of tulle to really dress up these flirty gowns. When you see the green alligator-esque dress in person (as shown above), you can really see the thinness, but deepness of the pattern. It is not like anything I have ever seen before. And the design. Well lets just say, he sure knows how to make a girl look beautiful and we shall never question that.

Overall it was a fantastic show and one of my favorites. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did! :)

-Madeleine 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this show. Oscar never disappoints. But what i liked most was the set up, like a blank canvas. The focus was on the garments. The colors, fabrics, and silhouettes were so captivating that the viewer could almost get lost and venture into the world of Oscar for just a few magical moments.

    ReplyDelete