Choies

Choies-The latest street fashion

9.20.2013

Post #4 ~ The New York Times

Whatcha Think? #PrabalGurung

#1.Silhouette/Design- dress, pointed tops, skirt, bras
#2. Details- painterly embellishments, crystals, trims of feathers, plastic-looking materials, black roses
#3. Color- yellow, black, pale lavender, green, white, clear
#4. Fabric- plastic
#5. Creative "Jargon"- syrupy sweet and plastic-y, decaying roses, tissues from a prom dress, matted-down hair, boldly colored lips, dolls in a shrink-wrapped case

Read the entire article above or @


I think it is safe to say that keeping it short and sweet is definitely the way to go. The article was to the point, but the vivid images that swirled around in my brain felt like a sweet, romantic love story. I swear by the end of the last paragraph, I thought I was sitting front row next to Eric!
I loved how he did a quick recap of what he had seen so far at fashion week and then went into greater detail about Prabal Gurung.
There was one point in the article where he wrote about how the room smelled. It was such a short part, but it was so detailed. I swear I could smell that exact scent he explained. It was amazing and so interesting. 
I find it so much easier to read when I can picture what is happening exactly in my head. And of course, it is a lot more fun. I did enjoy listening to what he had to say and I will read more of his articles in the future! 



Before I say my goodbyes, here are a few of my favorite looks from the show! 






-Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment